Sunday, December 5, 2010

BB&T Classic - December 5th, 2010

Today, Carrie and I went to see our Florida Gators play in the BB&T Classic at the Verizon Center in D.C. I was excited to find out that the UF Basketball team was going to make their way up here a few months ago, and we got some pretty sweet seats down low through the D.C. chapter of the Alumni Association.

We played American University. I was a little worried because AU had played us close in the past and this was a home game for them. However, not many American fans were there. There was a surprising amount of UF fans though. We even had the Orange and Blue chant going before tip-off.

As far as photos, I got some ok shots in the first half, but the Gators were shooting with their backs to me and I was getting a lot of blurry pictures with all the running around. The last straw was and Alex Tyus dunk that I had a really good chance at, but it was really blurred. I had to change things up or else I would not get anything good. I was shooting 1/60s (I'm pretty sure that means the aperture is open for 1/60th of a second) so that I could get enough light in. But to make the blur stop, I tried going to 1/250s and putting the ISO at 3200 to let more light in. This worked a lot better as far as eliminating blur. 

I got some good photos is the 2nd half. I just wish I got a good one of that dunk. We went on to win 67-48. 

From there, I went on to Adams Morgan to meet up with Eric and watch the Bucs-Falcons game at a bar. I took a few photos from off the bridge over Rock Creek Park and some nearby houses. 

Overall, pretty good day for photos.

I blew it

Florida Gators

Kenny Boynton

Erving Walker for Three

Chandler Parsons

Vernon Macklin

Alex Tyus

Erving Walker

Rock Creek Park

Adams Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment