Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas in Florida


My trip home to Florida for Christmas was going to be an opportunity to take some photos of things other than my life in D.C. Now imagine getting home from the airport, unloading your bags, and realizing that you don't have your camera.

I was horrified by the possibilities. I remembered having it with me as I waited outside baggage claim for my dad to pick me up. So I scoured the truck to make sure I didn't just miss it. No luck. Surely someone has picked it up by now. Either someone knew it was a camera bag and made off with a nice early Christmas present, or airport security confiscated and destroyed it thinking it may be an explosive device. So my dad and I headed back to the airport as I made call after call. And just FYI, if you ever fly AirTran and have a baggage issue, the number for their office at Tampa International does not work. 

Finally, I got the number for the airport police who handle lost and found. After a few tense moments after I described my bag and waiting for an answer, they said they had and had me describe everything inside. That was such a relief. Losing my camera and accessories (all together worth close to $1000) would definitely have instantly ruined my trip.

I did not get many great photos while I was down there, but I'm just glad that I got any at all. That being said, I think I took one of my best and favorite to date on Christmas day. The shot of the palm trees turned out very nicely I think.





No comments:

Post a Comment