Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Carrie & Nikki's Half-Marathon Charity Fundraiser Dinner Party Time


This past weekend, Carrie and her friend Nikki co-hosted a dinner party that took donations for their half-marathon benefiting Girls on the Run. Here is an excerpt from Carrie's blog talking more about her run and fundraising. Check out her link if you are interested in donating.

Along with preparing my body for a 13.1 mile run, I'll have other important work to do prior to March 26. I am running the half as a "Sole Mate" through an organization called Girls On the Run which works to reduce the display of at-risk behaviors and encourage the development of self-respect and healthy lifestyles among young girls by providing them with the tools to make healthy decisions and form positive self-images. As a Sole Mate, I had the option to run, walk, or bike in any event of my choice and raise money for girls on the run. Luckily, I work in Fund Development and have at least some experience with fund-raising. I am excited to support the organization and the girls who will hopefully learn to be healthy enough to have a long and steadyrelationship with running and never gain a freshman 15. Check out myfundraising page to ensure that this can be possible for young and impressionable girls in Washington, DC!






















No comments:

Post a Comment