Sunday, October 24, 2010

Caps-Bruins 10/19

Brendon and his friend from Boston asked me if I wanted to go with them to a Capitals game against the Boston Bruins. I haven't been to an NHL game since 2004 when I saw the Lightning beat the Maple Leafs in the Playoffs, so I was looking forward to seeing hockey for the first time in a long time and a chance to take some live sports photos. Earlier in the day, I had received the 55-250mm telephoto zoom lens in the mail. There was no way I would have been able to get any good shots with the 17-55mm lens that came with my camera. I was a bit worried the lighting inside the arena would make it difficult to take pictures, especially considering how high up we were sitting. The bright ice seemed to provide enough lighting for the photos, but I still needed to slightly edit the pictures to make them a little brighter. I wish I could have gotten a little closer to the action because even when I was zoomed all the way in, peoples faces were a little grainy and not very clear. I think the new lens worked pretty well, especially for it being my first time using it.

It was a fun game and the Bruins won 3-1. I didn't really care who won, but Brendon and Chris are Boston fans so I guess I was rooting for them a little bit. We also saw two fights, so It was an entertaining game and a successful photo shoot.



Tim Thomas


Ovechkin

No comments:

Post a Comment