Monday, October 18, 2010

Somerset Back-to-School Classic

On Sunday, Carrie and Ingrid ran an 8k at the Somerset Elementary Back-to-School Classic. I was already planning on going to watch earlier in the week, but since I got my camera I figured it would be a good opportunity to try some action shots. 

I sprained my ankle the day before, so I was hobbling and it made it difficult to get into a good position to get shots. Also, the bright sunlight combined with shadows from all the trees were hard to deal with, and the auto settings were not turning out very well. Plus, with so many people walking around the auto focus was going crazy.

Once the race got started, I switched to sports mode to get good action shots. I was pretty disappointed with what I came up with. I guess I've got a lot to learn. I feel like most of the photographs this day could have been achieved with a normal point-and-shoot, although being able to take 3-4 photos in a second is nice, but I need to be able to control it better. 








No comments:

Post a Comment