Monday, October 18, 2010

My First Learnings

So I started reading the manual this morning on the metro and was reading about adjusting ISO and shutter speed and depth of field settings. I feel like I learned a lot, so I was eager to get home and see how well I could apply it. Apparently using the flash is not the best way to get more light into your pictures. I was fascinated by how different a photo looks when it is taken in the automatic settings than when you manually adjust the shutter speed and ISO. These were all taken in fairly low light.

Auto w/ flash


Manual adjustment shutter speed

 

Auto w/ Flash

Manual adjustments

 

Auto

Manual
I think you get the idea. I feel like I am getting a good grasp of how to adjust for lighting, but I'm sure there is much more to learn. I messed around with different settings for a while trying to get a feel for when and how much to adjust certain things. Here a a few...



 
Gumby



"Anything is possible!"

No comments:

Post a Comment