Sunday, October 17, 2010

A New Hobby


I really like taking pictures. Mostly landscapes and architecture, but I like to get creative too. The problem was I never had a very good camera and my photos were not very captivating. I've been thinking about maybe buying a digital SLR camera for the past few months, but that's a lot of money to drop and you always hear about people spending a ton on a new, fancy camera and not knowing how to use it. I went back and forth, did some research and thought about it a lot. I decided that if I buy a camera, it's going to be a Canon EOS Rebel T1i with an 18-55mm lens. Last Wednesday night, while perusing Amazon on my phone and checking my bank account a few times, I semi-impulsively made the purchase of a new camera ($90 off the retail price). Two days later, I was the excited new owner of a Rebel T1i.

I got the package on Friday at work, then took it out for a spin in downtown D.C. that evening. I went by the White House and then down to the Washington Monument and got some good shots. At this point I am just using auto-settings for all my photos, but I do like experimenting with the manual focus.

After that, I headed towards Columbia Heights for Nikki's surprise birthday party. I got there a few minutes before Nikki and Eric arrived and I got a pretty good shot of her being surprised except for a little red-eye. I suppose I should get Photoshop or something.








No comments:

Post a Comment